Do you have a child starting Year 3 in September 2024?
Discover what AJS has to offer...
Choosing the right school is an important decision and one that we are keen to support prospective new parents with. Throughout the Autumn term we offer bookable parent information sessions and school tours to allow parents and their children to meet the team, experience the environment first hand and explore the extensive facilities and opportunities on offer. These include:
- An exciting, bespoke curriculum, carefully designed to build children’s character, self-esteem and ‘EPIC’ learning skills through key questions such as ‘What makes me, me?’ ‘Can money buy happiness?’ and ‘What makes a hero?’ To find out more about our curriculum, please visit the curriculum pages of the school website.
- Dedicated and committed staff who set high expectations for all children and secure strong outcomes. See our Ofsted report from Sept 2022 for more details.
- Opportunities for children to learn early leadership skills and lead projects that make a difference to our school, our community and the wider world. We recently achieved the Christian Aid Bronze Global Neighbour’s Award for this work.
- Our work as a flagship Gold P4C (Philosophy for Children) accredited school - P4C underpins our school’s curriculum, ethos, culture, values and EPIC learning skills, giving significant impact and benefits on children’s lifelong learning.
- Extensive grounds, with our children benefitting from an on-site Forest School, outdoor, heated swimming pool, a wide range of sporting activities and zoned play spaces that includes a well-being relaxation ‘pod’ and new outdoor gym being installed in Autumn 2 2023.
School Open Events
Tuesday 17th October 2023 @ 5pm – Information session and after-hours tour of the school
Thursday 19th October 2023 @ 9:30am – Information session and daytime tour of the school
Thursday 19th October 2023 @ 11:00am – Information session and daytime tour of the school
We are also able to offer individual tours of the school by appointment, on request.
In addition to school visits, prospective parents can find out about daily life at AJS by looking through our website and weekly newsletters. These showcase some of the exciting learning experiences and enrichment opportunities that we have on offer, including school trips, residential visits, school visitors and interactive experiences that make learning fun. Our school Facebook page also provides regular photos and updates that give a flavour of school life.
Applications for places in year 3 can be made from 1st November 2023 and must be made by 15th January 2024. Any applications after this date are classed as late applications and are only processed when on-time applications have been allocated. Information about how to apply can be found here.
With 64 places available in Year 3, we are able to take children from out of catchment, in addition to welcoming children from our main feeder school Alverstoke Infant School. We have an extensive transition package that ensures that all children, irrespective of their feeder school, get to know the school and meet school staff and ‘pupil buddies’ through a programme of activities throughout June and July. Parents are invited to a transition picnic which they attend with their child and we hold open sessions for parents to experience their child’s new classroom and meet their new friends before the summer break. Our Year 3 teachers liaise closely with Y2 staff from a wide range of schools to ensure that we know the children’s starting points and next steps before they arrive. Children then join us in Y3 in September, excited to start their Y3 journey and confident in the new setting.
Please do get in touch to find out more.